Saturday, July 28, 2018

The Kindness of Michelle

Yesterday I experienced kindness from several people, but I want to tell you about Michelle.  I'm a hospital volunteer and that means doing various tasks, but in the middle of the day I was suddenly on the needing side instead of the giving side.  A wonderful hospital employee named Michelle (and whom I already knew) just happened to be walking down the hall behind me.  She saw that I was in distress, detoured from what she was doing to get me quickly to the Emergency Department, stayed with me while I was admitted, and said to let her know how I was doing.  Some might argue that she was simply doing her job.  Yes, all of us in the hospital should help someone in distress, but she went beyond that, doing much more than she had to.  She cared.  I might have written about her someday even if yesterday had not happened.  As I mentioned, I already knew Michelle, and kindness is something I had seen from her before.

No comments:

Post a Comment