Wednesday, November 13, 2019

That breakfast surprise

Two friends that I seldom see, asked if I might want to meet them for coffee yesterday morning.  Wonderful!  I love chatting with friends over a nice hot cup of joe.  We all arrived at just about the same time, and planning on just getting a tall dark roast drip coffee, I waited behind them as they ordered.  One said "Have you ever had the breakfast bagels here?  The sausage ones are especially good."  Good idea!  "I think I'll get one with my coffee," I replied.  They stepped away from the cash register and I stepped up, ordering my drink and food.  "Oh they already ordered (and paid) for you," the cashier said.  Nice conversation followed, as I had anticipated, but they having paid for me was a kind a lovely surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment